Salad Season

In my house, Salad Season is all year long, just like Soup Season.  This was my great find today, while at our local organic grocery store - this awesome sprouting jar!  A half gallon jar, which is probably overkill since I live alone, but I'm pretty sure that whatever I sprout, I'll eat before they get funky.

I bought 4 seeds for sprouting, my favorite, green lentils - which have a really nice peppery flavor, mung beans, radish and broccoli seeds.  All organic.

Today I'm only using the lentils and mung beans (in the bags) - one part, consisting of a mix of those two, into the jar, followed by three parts warm water.  Always stick with similar sizes, or you'll have some big ones that are rock hard mixed in with little ones that are perfectly sprouted.  The smaller they are, the faster they sprout.

I hope you try these on whole grain bread sandwiches and salads for a great, spring-fresh flavor, vitamins and lots of protein. . .Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment