Spicy, Colorful Garlic-Ginger Vegetables

I love, Love, LOVE a good vegetable casserole!  I often seriously think about going Vegan or at least Vegetarian, then I remember free range venison, beef, elk, chicken and even fish, then think, well, maybe that won't work for me.  I did try it years ago, for 8 months and had horrible heartburn the entire time.  Once I started eating meat again, it went away.  Go figure.  So now I try to eat meat that's free range, grass fed, and cruelty free as much as possible.

1 med. red beet - scrubbed
1 med. sweet potato - scrubbed
2 carrots - scrubbed
1 Vidalia onion
5-6 cloves garlic
1-1/2" chunk of ginger - peeled
1/2 sm. head purple cabbage

Spiral shred the beet and sweet potato.  Chop or slice the remaining vegetables.  I baked everything in a covered casserole dish uncombined, as shown, at 225° for 90 minutes, after shaking on some red and black pepper and fresh ground Himalayan pink salt then drizzling with about 2T melted coconut oil.  After baking, stir all to combine.  Add some pine nuts, almonds, sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds if desired.  Sprinkle with some fresh grated Parmesan cheese and serve. . .Lin  

No comments:

Post a Comment