Really Quick Vegetable Casserole


3 carrots - scrubbed and sliced
2T butter
1/2 c water
1 can corn - drained
1 can green beans - drained
1/2 c ranch sunflower seeds
1 can Rotel - mild - chopped tomatoes



I really love vegetables!  A definite fact, brought to mind as I was putting this together and thinking back on my day. . .  For breakfast I had a garlic, spinach scramble made with 2 jumbo eggs.  For lunch, my HUGE salad consisted of romaine, radishes, cabbage, onion, a raw beet, 1/2 an avocado, 1/2 a tomato, a big pickling cucumber, with homemade ranch dressing and a splash of white balsamic vinegar.  Then for a late dinner, I had a big bowl of this topped with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.  Safe to say, I REALLY love vegetables.  Meat is turning into an afterthought that I only include every few days.

This starts with the first 3 ingredients in a 2 quart pot.  Simmer about 7 minutes.  Put in a little of the corn or bean liquid before draining the cans.  Add all the rest to the pot, stir and simmer an additional 5-10 minutes.  Serve sprinkled with some grated parmesan cheese. . .Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment