Cauliflower-Spinach-Tomato Pesto Eggs


Well, I bought a huge organic cauliflower. . .and I've been using it in a lot of different ways, including raw with a drizzle of ranch dressing and fresh ground pepper.  Today, for breakfast I was thinking eggs and vegetables, and once again, more pesto. . .When it comes to pesto, I'm always torn.  I've discovered that Aldi carries two pestos that I really love.  Their basil pesto is wonderful, but I find myself, more and more, using their bright, sunny-flavored sun-dried tomato pesto.

For one large - or two small servings - use:

1c cauliflower florets
1T butter and a little water
2 lg. free-range eggs
a big handful of baby spinach
2-3T sun-dried tomato pesto

Put the cauliflower in a non-stick pan with butter and water.  Cover and simmer about 8 minutes, or until the water evaporates,  Crack in the eggs and chopped spinach.  Stir and cook slowly over low heat until eggs are almost done.  Mix in the pesto, finish cooking and serve with some fresh raw vegetables or fruit. . .Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment