Vanilla Ice Cream with a Balsamic Vinegar Drizzle

Having a great Super One Grocery Store 3/10 a mile from my new home, here in Duluth, is a mixed blessing. Decided I really need some Kemps Homemade Vanilla ice cream tonight. If you've never had vanilla ice cream with some excellent Balsamic vinegar drizzled on top, you probably need to try it.
On my move here a week ago, my One-Must-Stop was the Chocolates and More Shop in the Minocqua Boardwalk where I restocked on many of their fabulous vinegars and olive oils. Raspberry Balsamic is thick and syrupy. Excellent for ice cream and a great Raspberry Balsamic Salad Dressing. The Dark Chocolate was a new adventure. I might use it with a touch of cinnamon when browning and deglazing chicken or beef for a big pot of Mexican Mole Chili, however, it's not my favorite on ice cream. 
There is a Cinnamon Pear, Fig, and a Coconut Balsamic that are just wonderful! If you're living in the Rhinelander, Wisconsin area, you need to make a trip up there. . . Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment