Colorful Vegetable-Beef Stir-Fry



4-6 oz. steak
an interesting oil
your favorite seasonings
1T steak sauce
& balsamic vinegar
any vegetables you like

A Tiny Pepper-Top Mosaic!
Chop the steak into a non-stick pan, with the next 3 ingredients.  Today I used avocado oil.  Stir and heat this until it just starts to sizzle.  Cover and remove from heat to let flavors blend and the meat marinate just a bit.  Meanwhile, chop-slice-dice the vegetables however you prefer.  Add them to the meat then turn the heat to high and pay attention!  Keep everything moving, until the vegetables are still crisp-tender.  If you have leftover rice, or pasta, that can be added now.  The meat should be medium-rare to medium at this point.

This can be made with any meat; lamb, pork, chicken, shrimp.  If I were using either chicken or shrimp, I might try those with 1/2c± sun-dried tomato or basil pesto.  With any of the heartier meats, you could cut the pieces larger, use coconut oil, cubed-raw potatoes, larger vegetables, more cooking time, with curry powder or curry paste to create a wonderful East Indian stir-fry dinner.  Be Bold, Be Creative!  Happy Cooking! . . . Lin   

6 comments:

  1. That looks great! I miss steak since I can not have it often duo to cholesterol issues. Thanks for the recipe Lin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to add that I am now your follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Angela! So happy to have you here as a follower. If you ever have comments or recipe ideas you'd like me to create, email me! I was going to add that this stir-fry can be adapted to use any kind of meat. I was at the grocery store recently and noticed a nutrition chart stating all sorts of facts regarding beef, pork, turkey, chicken, lamb - and was surprised to note that there isn't much difference in the cholesterol content of these meats! You could substitute cashews or almonds for the meat. I've been using chili-lime flavored cashews as well as smoked almonds lately and really like them both. Be creative :-) Lin

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete