Brussels Sprouts Beans and Potato Casserole


12oz. frozen baby Brussels sprouts
  6oz. frozen skinny green beans
- C - 1/2 red pepper
- H - 1 med. onion 
- O - 2 med. sweet potatoes
- P  - 1 lg. Idaho potato
Fresh ground salt and pepper
3-4T butter - cut into little squares

I had a big bowl of Beef Barley Soup for lunch and then, as dinner time rolled around, all I could think of was I wanted to make a BIG vegetable casserole!  Fortunately, I always have lots to pick from.  This went together in about 10 minutes using both frozen and fresh.  In a large baking dish, combine all the whole (and chopped) ingredients.  Bake at 350° for 45-60 minutes.  Keep an eye on it though, mine went from almost perfect to a little overdone in no time.

This can be served as a side or main dish.  If you want to add some Chili-Lime Cashews or Smoked Almonds, you'd have a great Vegan Main Dish.  Tonight I added some feta cheese crumbles and some chili sunflower seeds. . .Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment