A Quick Hit of Protein, Vegetables and Good Fat

4 thin slices of Black Forest turkey
4 thin slices of Keeeygold Dubliner Irish cheese
¾-1c medium spicy Kimchi
½ avocado and 4 cherry or grape tomatoes

Okay, okay, yes. . .this has lunchmeat. . .  I buy some, very rarely, to go with slices of cheese when I know I'll need a quick, serious hit of animal protein.  Lunchmeat is full of chemicals and sodium, is NOT a healthy choice 😐 I needed something for a 6-7 meet-up I have with a new walking-running I'm joining tonight.  (YEA!!! - I'm SO excited!!!)

I remember from YEARS ago when I was running regularly, that in the mornings, I need to eat an hour before a run.  My body burns through food very fast at that time of day, and if I didn't eat at just the right time, I'd run out of energy, and be starting, half way in.  For a running group we were in in the '80's and '90's, at 6pm, I had to eat around 3pm.  Anything later and it felt like I was running with a bean bag stuck in my gut!  So my metabolic rates seriously slows down in the late afternoon.

This plate went together in 7 minutes 😀 Fix it quick - and try to keep it healthy! . . . Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment