Combining Leftovers = A Throw-Together Lunch

¼-½c pea and cheese salad
½c fresh, crunchy sauerkraut
¼-½c celery / diced water chestnuts
2 hard boiled eggs - chopped
1-2T capers or chopped pickles
chili-lime seasoning

Mmmmm!  This was good!  When I was doing a little organizing in the kitchen, I found just a tiny bit of macaroni salad and sauerkraut in the fridge.  I combined them with the remaining ingredients and ~viola~ it's Lunch!!  Years ago I was making potato salad for a church potluck and didn't have paprika, which is a classic 'sprinkle on the top' garnish.  Instead I used a little chili powder.  What a surprise, to discover how well the chili flavor blended with the potatoes, eggs and mayonnaise!!  I've done this ever since, only now I add more to the actual salad, as well as the sprinkle on the top when it's ready to serve.  When cleaning the refrigerator, it's fun to see what an interesting, never-to-be-repeated, lunch you can create for yourself.  A little reward for your labors.
Be Creative!  Happy Cooking 😉. . . Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment