Do The (SALAD) Prep - You'll Be Glad You Did!

Do the prep!  Simple as that.

If you spend an hour a week, on vegetable preparation, you'll have quick and easy salads for your family, anytime the craving strikes.  Wash, chop, slice, etc.  These ingredients are going to a potluck Salad Lunch after my women's Community Bible Study group today.  Thinking fresh, colorful, clean and cut well is good.

The Romaine in the lettuce mix was a week old!  With good cold storage and the removal of a few 'rusty' looking leaves, it chopped up well, ready for a good, warm - then icy - shower, and a spin dry in my wonderful (under $10) salad spinner I bought at Walmart. 

The only thing I don't prepare in advance are avocados.  Those need to be not-too-ripe, and sliced or chopped right before serving.  Although I eat these kind of salads year-round, Spring and Summer's Salad Days are almost upon us!  Try topping with an all natural, very healthy dressing.  

My Lemon Oil Dressing is clean, citrusy and easy to make.  It's for sure one of my favorites - click for recipe —> *

Be Bold - Be Creative!  Happy Salad Prepping! . . . Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment