Golden Berries !?!


Well, I guess you're never too old to learn something new!
Golden Berries!  Who knew!  Well. . .not me!
I saw these at my little neighborhood Super One Grocery Store, a few blocks from my house.  Since I'm always looking for new and different foods, of all kinds, especially unique fruits and vegetables...I snapped up a pack!  I tried some just now in a leftover fruit salad.  Interesting.  They're textured like a tough grape with teeny little seeds.  The flavor is harder to describe.  A little bitter, yet with a certain sweetness too.  I'm thinking I may combine these with another odd favorite of mine, kumquats. . .and some raisins, in some sort of sweet & sour chicken and rice dish.
Check this out, and scroll to the bottom for more information about the author.  She has a Facebook page and a blog.  Happy Reading 😊 

No comments:

Post a Comment