Boneless Barbecued Pork Ribs and Some Amazing Vegetables

My grocery store has a little area for meat that's approaching it's 'expiration' date.  I know that probably sounds gross to many of you, but I've found such great things in this chilly little bin!!  Lamb chops, frozen chicken livers, some nice meaty pork neck bones, side pork - which looks like bacon. . .

Today I'm cooking up 3# of very well seasoned BBQ Boneless Pork Ribs I bought for just over $7.00.  Ribs are always sort of a mystery to me, as to how to keep them meaty and tender.  



Instead of grilling them, which is no longer an option for me since moving and leaving my grill behind, I just put them in my big, old, dark blue speckled turkey roaster, added a little water and am simmering them for a very long time.  To go with them, I  have tiny red potatoes, 5 garlic cloves, some pea and tiny red bean sprouts and a few spears of asparagus.  A little butter, water, salt and pepper and those will simmer-steam quite nicely.

I love dinners like this!  Totally spontaneous, no real plan and if it works, great, if not, well, I'll just not cook this ever again!  I think this will be a really good dinner though.  😉  (It was fabulous!!!)

Be Bold. . .Be Creative. . .Happy Cooking!!. . .Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment