Crunchy-Spicy Avocado Chicken Salad


1 12.5oz. can chicken - drained
½ lg. yellow onion - chopped
2 mini English cucumbers - chopped
1c celery hearts and tops - chopped
1-2T coriander (cilantro) chutney
1 avocado - not shown - diced
2T good quality extra virgin olive oil
fresh ground salt and black pepper
1T fresh lemon or lime juice



Combine all the ingredients in a medium glass bowl.  This turned out to be a really spicy, and flavorful salad, due primarily to the coriander chutney.  Very spicy!  I used a tuna salad recipe as an inspiration, added the celery, since I didn't have fresh cilantro.  However, the 'sour-tanginess' of tuna didn't appeal to me. 
I checked my cabinet and found that I had 4 large cans of chicken, but only 1 small can of tuna.  Decision made!  The original tuna salad showed large English seedless cucumbers halved, then chopped.  Mine were the mini version, quartered, then chopped.  They were for sure big enough, could have been even smaller.

This is a really good, fresh, crispy, high protein salad. . .Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment