Fruity Coconut Frozen Yogurt

Assorted Frozen Fruits - I used a variety today.  Orange peel, half a banana, pineapple, cranberries, and a cherry-berry mix containing sweet cherries, tart cherries, blueberries and strawberries.  I used my chopper on all this while partially frozen.  It measured 2 cups.  Put that aside for now so it thaws a bit more.  The juice will help everything come together in the blender.  This recipe almost filled both a 30 and a 41oz. container, so I had to blend in 3 batches.

1c coconut milk
1½c coconut cream
2c Chobani Greek yogurt
¼-⅓c honey (or Maple syrup)
1-2t pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
2c chopped assorted fruit


Put the ingredients in the blender in the order given, blending well, then pouring out a couple cups into a bowl to make room for the rest.  I've been working on perfecting a couple ice cream or frozen yogurt recipes, rather than buy regular sugar-filled ice cream that often has artificial ingredients and chemicals.

I just put this in the freezer.  It's 7:00 in the evening now, so I may even switch it to the 'fridge if it doesn't freeze to the consistency I want tonight.  Then I'd pop it back in the freezer tomorrow morning.  I don't use an ice cream maker, so it's important to stir this AS it's freezing, to keep it aerated so it doesn't freeze really hard, like a fruity ice cube.  Making this sort of dessert is time-intensive, so it's good to start it on a morning when you're hanging around the kitchen, doing 'house things.'  Last year, I said I was going to try making lemon frozen yogurt.  That'll probably be my next dessert project!
Be Bold, Be Creative and most of all, I wish you Fun and Happy Cooking 😉 . . . Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment