Rhubarb Sour Cream Bars

1½c unbleached organic flour
1T pumpkin pie spice
½c organic oat flour
2t baking powder
½c sugar
1t salt
2 beaten eggs
1c sour cream
½c melted butter

3c rhubarb sauce made with ¾c sugar

a coconut sugar - cane sugar blend

As most of you know. . .I don't bake much.  However, every so often an idea just won't let go.  Such was the case with my rhubarb.  I have a tiny (1' x 1½') patch and froze some from last year.  Sooo, I had 5½ cups of it staring at me every time I opened the freezer!  I Googled a couple recipes for ideas, but they weren't what I wanted, so I had to get creative and figure out my own ingredients.



Mix the first group to make the batter.  In a 12x8x3" buttered glass pan, spread half the batter, then spread the rhubarb sauce over that and top with the rest of the batter.  Sprinkle with coarse sugar or coconut and cane sugar.  Bake 40 minutes at 350°.  Cool then cut into 6-9 squares.  This is good for dessert or breakfast. . .Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment