Pork Rib Stew


This started out, in my mind. . .as just meat, potatoes, onions and a little garlic sea salt and pepper, with a thick, simmered-reduced broth for gravy.  I bought the meat a while ago and freezer burn was starting to set in.  However, I peeked into the 'fridge and there were vegetables just CLAMORING to get into the pot!  So. . .Now it's stew! 😃 YEA!!  I love spontaneous cooking surprises!


1¾# seasoned pork ribs
½ an onion - minced
2T sunflower - coconut oil
a little water
⅓c white wine or Vodka


¾ of a poblano pepper
2 stalks of celery - sliced

2 big carrots - cut in chunks



1½ onions - in cut ¼ or ⅙ wedges
3 medium red potatoes cut in ⅛ chunks
1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes and juice
finely ground red and black pepper
2T powdered beef soup base
fresh ground garlic sea salt
1t sugar

Start by searing-browning the meat and onion in the oil.  Keep it moving!  Just before it starts to stick, add the water and wine or Vodka (or you can substitute chicken or beef broth.)

Next add the vegetables, in the order they're given, which takes their cooking time into account.  The pepper actually cooks fast, but if added now, will impart much more flavor.  Simmer, covered after each vegetable addition for 10-15 minutes, as you go down the list.


Simmer, covered an additional 20 minutes after the last group of ingredients.  You can thicken the 'gravy' if you want, with a little corn flour or corn starch.  If you haven't tried cooking with corn flour - (not corn meal) - give it a try!  I love it!  It gives the food an earthier flavor than wheat flour, and it's gluten-free!

Today has turned into A Wonderful House Day for me.  Pre-rainstorm-pensive!  My favorite kind!  My lawn guys were here early this morning, so my yard looks wonderful.  I've cooked, gotten started on some long-neglected paperwork, finished a couple easy projects and later, I'm going to have a little bowl of this interesting stew and curl up with my dogs and cat for a while. 😊

Happy Monday Everyone! 😀 . . . Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment