Fancy-Schmancy Cheese

I have given up dairy for a while now, but missed it.  I've decided that when I buy cheese, I'm going to be sure it's some I really like, often a little pricey - so it's usually a splurge - not something I'd do often.  I like a hard, dry, sharp, nutty type of cheese.  While checking the import area, I hit the jackpot with these recently.


This one's Irish and just a wonderful cheese:

http://kerrygoldusa.com/products/cheese/dubliner-cheese/




The other two I discovered, are made by an English company, called Springdale.

One is a Vintage Cheddar that recommends a red wine paring.  The other is Extra Sharp Cheddar to go with white wine.  I don't drink alcohol anymore, but that isn't stopping me from loving their cheese.  The weblink doesn't show or describe these two, but if you like sharp, flavorful cheddars, and find them at your grocery store, buy them.  You'll be glad.

I'm thinking maybe using a blend of cheese, such as these, with some cream cheese might melt very nicely and could be used for a full-flavored adult version of Mac and Cheese.  I might work on a recipe for that. . .Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment