Marinated Beef Tenderloin (Filet Mignon) For Dinnner

I wrote this up a couple weeks ago, but never posted it!  Discovered it today in my 'draft' file.  Sooo, better late than never. . .

As a Foodie who really wants to be informed, I'm also often VERY conflicted.  I Crave Meat!  Yet I would really love to switch to a Whole Food - Plant Based Diet, so I'm still unsure how this conflict will end. . .

My grocery store has the best produce department!  I always come away with WONDERFUL vegetables and fruit.  It also has some killer bargains in regard to meat.


Today I found a beautiful pound of Filet Mignon!!  This is the ultimate in beef, so I couldn't pass it up.  I cut about a third of it into bite-sized cubes and then sprinkled it with some of The Gourmet Collection's beautiful paprika-lemon-lime spice blend, a little Trader Joe's Chili Lime Seasoning Blend, some jarred chopped garlic, 18 year old Balsamic vinegar and champagne mustard. . .a beautiful mix!  I let that marinate a couple hours in the 'fridge before minimal cooking.

Alright, I'm in some sort of food coma.  This was THE best steak I've ever had!!!  The marinade did the trick.  I cooked it in a non-stick pan for just a short time, since I was wanting it medium rare.  I had it with lemon-cilantro rice and the fresh, awesome salad.  This was the best dinner I've had in at least 10 years. . .or maybe longer!  Wish all of you could have had some. . .Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment