A Composite Salad — Greens, Egg and Pistachios


Often, a few days after a cooking spree, I'll combine things for a wonderful dinner or lunch, but, since one component builds on another, I usually don't post those. That almost happened this time. Then, mid-bite, I changed my mind and took a picture. This salad is made up of a few things I made and posted here recently.


lettuce mix – this time I included 3 different lettuces, red cabbage and an onion
the remainder of the mixed Zesty Sprouts from a few days ago
the last of the Peppercorn-Dill Ranch Dressing
some Balsamic vinegar
1 hardboiled egg
¾c or more of pistachios or pumpkin seeds


I put a BIG handful of lettuce mix into a bowl, then added some sprouts, torn apart, as I mixed them in. In the bowl I made the ranch dressing, I added a cut-up hardboiled egg and some Balsamic vinegar. Stirred this and poured it over the greens. I then added pistachios. Some grated hard cheese would have been great, Asiago, Romano or Parmesan. Dive in! . . . Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment