Lemony Kidney Bean Hummus



As much as I've always loved hummus, I think this could be the first time I've ever made it. This is a very low fat recipe since I decided not to include olive oil. I also went with what I had in the house regarding beans. Normally I have garbanzos, but this time did not. All in the spirit of adventure and creativity, right?

1 can white kidney beans Cannellini
1 can light or dark red kidney beans
2 lg. cloves of garlic
1 lemon – zest and juice
Tamari and vinegar to = 1/3c
1/3 c water
salt and pepper optional

Drain and rinse the beans. Working in small batches, pulse the beans in a food processor with the garlic, lemon zest, juice and a little of the liquid until it's all semi-smooth. Stir to blend the batches and serve with tortilla chips, rice crackers or raw vegetables. . .Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment