Cleansing Green Soup

½ bunch of kale
½ lg. green pepper
1 lg. purple shallot
1½c frozen peas - thawed
3c chopped fresh broccoli
2c chopped celery and tops
½ sm. head of green cabbage*
4c fresh cold water
1t good quality garlic salt
½t finely ground red and black pepper
1-3t curry powder or curry paste

I saw a variation of this soup demonstrated on a cooking program earlier today.  It contained green beans, garlic and zucchini, which I didn't have, in addition to several other healing green vegetables.

When I did a quick 'fridge scan I realized I had a lot of healthy green vegetables I could substitute, so I was on a mission!  *I discovered the cabbage as this all began to simmer, so it's not shown in the first photos.

Cut the rib from the center of each kale leaf, then slice into thin ribbons.  Chop all the remaining ingredients into a 6 quart pot.  Add water, (seasonings - if desired) and bring to a low-medium simmer.  Cover and cook about 18 minutes.  Blend with an immersion blender and serve.  If you're battling a winter cold, or have overindulge in heavy, sugary, rich holiday foods, or too much alcohol, this lightly-cooked healing soup could be a great way to counteract that.  Give it a try! . . . Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment