Strawberries with Peppery Nutmeg Whipped Cream

I was shopping at our local wholesale grocery (and everything) store the other day.  I went into one of the cold rooms where the fruit is kept and immediately was enveloped by the scent of strawberries. . .I didn't expect them to be absolutely perfect, at this time of year, here in northern Minnesota. . .But they were!

Tonight I fixed a big bowl of them. My favorite thing to do is sprinkle them with a little cinnamon sugar, but I remembered I had heavy cream. Hmmm. Pour the cream in a small bowl. Add a little sugar or honey, a good shake of ground nutmeg and several grinds of black pepper. Yes, pepper! Stir and let the flavors blend and the sugar dissolve in the 'fridge, for half an hour. Whip with a beater, a whisk, or an immersion blender. Plop it on the berries. .☺️. .Lin

1 comment: