Chicken, Lettuce and Tomato Skillet

Start by sautéing the following:

8 oz. fresh sliced mushrooms
1/3 green bell pepper - chopped
1/2 lg. onion - chopped
2T butter
garlic salt and pepper

I stood in front of the open 'fridge a while before this recipe came together for me. I'm starting to feel a bit better, I can tell, because my cooking impulse never went away. I guess I'd have to be way sicker for that to happen.

As this starts to cook, over med-low heat, cover with a screen or lid for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile peel and chop the tomato and dice up 1 petite Romaine (or fresh spinach), then add that to the pan, stir, adding a little water if needed. Cover again for another 5-10 minutes. 

Cut up the chicken and measure out 2c frozen peas. Uncover, stir in the chicken and peas. Increase the temperature until any liquid sizzles, then shut off the heat, Cover and let stand another 10 minutes before serving. . .Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment