Crab Cakes and Vegetables

This should be subtitled A Quick Lunch On A Hungry Day!

Every once in a while I just have a hungry day.  Today seems to be one of those.  I started with tea and a big square of my latest Breakfast Bake. Then just a couple hours later, I was prowling the 'fridge, so decided to have a quick, easy early lunch.  A cook's cheating lunch!  The crab cake is not something I made.*  The box for the ones I bought, I bought both varieties is the black one showing two varieties in the photo.  These are only available at Aldi, but there are a lot of good ones available.  This Google Image page also shows lots of plates of prepared crab cakes to give you ideas.

I started with 1 medium onion and 1 really big carrot.  I sliced both then put them in a pan with a tablespoon of butter.  Once the butter melted, I just cleared a spot in the center of the pan for the crab cake.  Covered and steamed a bit, flipped it over, stirred the vegetables, then let it finish cooking on the other side.  There wasn't the crispiness I would have liked.  Next time I do this, I'll thaw the crab cake a bit and cook it uncovered.  It was good.  Anytime I cook fish, I always light my piney candles.  I don't want someone to come in and think I'm cooking cat food!  😝

In another couple hours I think it's gonna be a BIG salad for dinner, with my latest lettuce mix, fresh chopped cauliflower, half a can of beans, almonds and a little ranch dressing.  More Tea!  Hope it's a great weekend for all of you. . .Happy Cooking!  😀

No comments:

Post a Comment