Basil - Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto


2c basil - I used Boxwood and Genovese Basil
1-2 sprigs of Lovage or parsley
1 stalk of celery with tops
¼-½c sun-dried tomatoes chopped
4 cloves regular garlic or 1 lg clove elephant garlic
½c chopped walnuts – Toasted a few minutes in a dry pan over medium heat.
      Stay with it so itdoesn't burn. It will toast fast.
½c shredded Parmesan cheese
½ lemon - juice and zest
¾c extra virgin olive oil
1T balsamic vinegar
salt and fresh ground pepper



Combine all ingredients in a food processor or Mini-Prep. Spoon onto hot angel hair pasta and serve with a salad. This was my first attempt at pesto! I've had some really good ones made with arugila, many I've liked with basil and also some with sun-dried tomatoes. I decided to combine the ingredients I had here which resulted in a more complex pesto, that turned out really well. Happy Cooking! . .Lin

1 comment:

  1. I'm extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it's rare to see a nice blog like this one today.
    Also visit my webpage ... healthy food

    ReplyDelete