Fresh Gazpacho



I've been eating so many salads lately! I was craving vegetables just now, but wanted them in a little different form. The first time I had Gazpacho was in a Spanish Tapas restaurant in Madison, Wisconsin. The Chef gave me a 'yes or no' on the ingredients as I guessed them, but gave no proportions. Over the years I've had fun with this, adding and subtracting as my mood or vegetables on hand dictated. Today it was:

1½ tomatoes
1-2 stalks of celery with tops
1 Vidalia onion
2 lg cloves of garlic
2 mini English cucumbers
2 carrots


2T extra virgin olive oil
2T balsamic vinegar
zest of 1 lemon
juice of ½ lemon
salt and pepper – if needed
*optional*1c± V8 or tomato juice

Combine everything in a food processor. *If you like gazpacho more soup-like, add juice and blend ¾, then recombine. This recipe turns out thick, almost the consistency of salsa that's been put in a food processor. I like it as a side dish. To get a chunkier texture, you could also 'process' certain ingredients and finely chop others. . .Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment