A Big Salad with Beans & Sprouts

When I reach for one of my big silver bowls, I know I'm having a serious salad craving. It's just a touch smaller than my 2½ qt. Pyrex mixing bowl! It's not for the faint of heart or someone who dabbles in small side salads. So, if you too are a Big Salad lover, you might want to try this one.

1  Big handful of salad mix
½ tomato
½ perfect not-to-ripe avocado
1  mini-English cucumber
1  Big handful of fresh lentil sprouts
1-2oz fresh shaved, real Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
½ can of rinsed and well drained red beans

This may sound too complicated, but with a little pre-planning and always having a container of lettuce mix in the 'fridge and your other favorite salad ingredients in the house, it goes together in about 5 minutes!

Today my lettuce mix was a red Boston (butter) lettuce, a green frieze lettuce, fresh baby spinach, thinly sliced red cabbage and sliced onion. Gently toss everything in the bowl, top with your favorite dressing - and - have at it! Yup, Salad Days are here. . .Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment