Adventures With Vanilla Ice Cream!


My love for chocolate has sort of subsided over the last few years. I've now found that vanilla ice cream, in all its many varieties: rich, simple, complex, warm, heavy and light, is more to me now than just a vehicle for home made hot fudge in all ITS many varieties! Now a little bit of sweet and tangy fruit sauce is a really nice change. I make my own depending on the flavor wanted, with just 2 ingredients that combine surprisingly well. Fruity Balsamic vinegar and jam or preserves.


So far I've made the following combinations: Orange Marmalade and Raspberry Balsamic, Plum Jam and Pomagranate Balsamic, and Blackberry Preserves and Fig Balsamic, shown here.

Start with 2T jam or preserves and about 1t of vinegar. Stir well together, heat a little and drizzle over your favorite vanilla: French Vanilla, New York Vanilla, Homemade Vanilla, Old Fashioned Vanilla, Vanilla Bean, and lots more. Have fun with this one. . .Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment