Salad With Beets And Beans

Lettuce Mix:
1 romaine heart
4oz. fresh spinach
½ med. sweet onion
½ sm. head of radicchio

I always have a fresh lettuce mix made up in my 'fridge.  In doing this, I can grab a handful, add a few other ingredients and make a salad in no time at all.  This is my current one.  To a big bowl of this, for a hearty salad tonight, I've added:

½ sm. golden beet scrubbed-grated
½ can black beans rinsed-drained
½ avocado slice-chopped
1 sm. Roma tomato

I tossed this then topped it with a dressing I made last week, using orange zest, raspberry balsamic vinegar, olive oil, fresh ground black pepper and ground garlic sea salt.  I got busy and never blogged this recipe.

If you like crumbled bacon, you could use that, cashews, hard boiled egg, Italian parsley, chopped cucumber, cilantro, artichoke hearts, red olives. . .So many possibilities!  Be Creative . . . Lin  

No comments:

Post a Comment