Spaghetti and Italian Meatballs!!!

This is an area of TOTAL unfamiliarity to me!  I bought a pound of mild Italian sausage from my local grocery store for a meat sauce to go with a very old Spaghetti Squash taking up residence on my counter.  Well. . .alas. . .said Spaghetti Squash had bit the dust without my knowing. . . 😔  Since I had already thawed the sausage, I decided to venture forth and make meatballs!!  Italian Meatballs. . .A Big Adventure for this Scandinavian Chef!


1# mild Italian sausage
⅓ lg. sweet onion - chopped 
1 extra large garlic clove - grated
2T ground chia-flax seed
2T tomato paste from a tube
1 egg
½c rolled oats
⅓c half and half



Mix this all together, form the meatballs and bake at 375° for 45 minutes.  Cook the pasta of your choice to al dente' stage and drain.  I had a little Vodka Pasta Sauce and combined that with half a jar of Paul Newman's Sockarooni sauce and a big splash of white wine.  Saute' the meatballs in this for a few minutes, combine with the pasta, top with cheese and serve! . . . Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment