Rishi Turmeric Ginger Anti-Inflammatory Tea

2 quarts of fresh cold water
¼-⅓  cup of the spices
1 big spoonful of honey

Turmeric and ginger have awesome healing powers!  For me, I have to play around with the amounts.  These two spices give me serious heartburn, yet I know they're good for my body in terms of reducing the inflammatory symptoms my auto-immune issues create.  This is a very strong blend and a little goes a long way.  I should note too that the turmeric can, and probably will, stain anything it touches.  For any utensils that have an orange residue on them, rinse in hot water, then put a few drops of dishwashing liquid and some baking soda on the area.  Rub them together with a sponge and rinse, again using hot water.  The detergent in the dish soap should emulsify the oils in the turmeric so they rinse away.

Bring water to boil in a pan, remove from heat.  Stir in the honey, then the spices.  Let steep for 5 minutes, strain and store in a covered glass container in your 'fridge.  Some bitter residue will settle to the bottom, so don't stir it, just pour and heat it up a cup at a time, to drink when you feel hungry between meals.  After the second day, any remaining tea should go down the drain!  Make a new pitcherful. . .Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment