BIG Ajvar Meatballs

1½# lean ground beef
1# mild pork sausage
1 lg. onion - chopped
1c quick cook oats
1c Ajvar pepper sauce
2 lg. eggs
1t salt
1t black and red pepper
1t Penzey's Shallot Pepper

This started out as meatloaves.  Then as I was thinking of the people I often cook for, after having thawed the beef and pork, I realized none of them are crazy about meatloaf!  I also found myself mixing the ingredients, singing an old song from the early 1950's. . ."One Meatball"  That's when this morphed into BIG meatballs, that I can freeze and keep, or give away just a few at a time, rather than a whole meatloaf.  Bake these at 350° for 45-60 minutes.

Adding in the approximate weight of all the ingredients, these meatballs each weigh between 3-4oz.  I'll freeze them, then take out one or possibly two, at a time.  Heat them and serve over pasta, with sauce, or just chop them up and have them with vegetables for a quick and easy dinner.  Good pasta or vegetables,  sometimes all you need for dinner is One Meatball! . . . Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment