Clean GREEN Gazpacho

Today is Saturday. . .It's 4 days out from my colonoscopy on Wednesday.  Ahhh, fun times, right?  I see in looking at the new and improved instructions, since my last one, there are way more dietary restrictions that begin tomorrow.  Mainly, adhering to a low-fiber diet. 😒 I'm a huge fan of vegetables, which hardly fall into that low-fiber category.  So. . .I decided to do a day-4-and-counting fiber splurge which I'm hoping I won't regret. 🥒 🍅 🌱 😐 🌿 🥦 🥕

For this interesting recipe of green gloppiness, which tastes a little like it came from the bottom of a lawnmower. . .combine the following in a blender.

4 leaves of purple cabbage
2 pickling cucumbers
2 celery ribs and tops
1 sm. broccoli crown
a big handful of kale
1 lg. Roma tomato
lots of cilantro
8 oz. water
1-2t Rosemary Seasoning *

- {1 lg. carrot - optional
- {1 lg. garlic clove - optional

Heat just a little, top with croutons, or serve cold. . .Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment