Quinoa and Vegetables

Well now, it's been a while!
I actually thought I might be done here and ready for the publishing phase of all this, in regard to the cookbook series I had envisioned. I've been dragging my feet though. I don't have any of the original photos, since this blog began in 2010. Nor did I have the foresight to designate, in some way, which recipes I'd want to memorialize in cookbook fashion. Hard to remember specific recipes, when some of them could have happened 14 years ago, especially when I've posted over 1,980 of them to date. . .

So. . .I'm thinking I might be turning the page, or fast-forwarding to the next chapter, and focusing on next level, healthier recipes. I know, you might be thinking, with a blog named Slow Food—Healthy Food, that would already be happening. Yes, for the most part, that's the case. However, I'm now feeling strongly that I need to narrow that focus on more plant-based, really healthy creations. I'm not vegan or vegetarian, yet, although that could happen. There will be some recipes with animal protein, but just weed through those if you've taken that plunge. So here's to a bit of A New Beginning! ðŸ˜ƒ (as always. . .if you need a recipe to follow, type in a couple key words in the search bar at the top left)

1/4c quinoa - light brown or tri-colored
1/2c fresh cold water
3-5 BIG Brussels sprouts - sliced
1 med. organic carrot - rough-chopped
1/4 big onion - chopped
1 colorful mini pepper - sliced

Put all the ingredients in a 2qt., covered pot. Simmer on low, stirring occasionally, until the quinoa 'sprouts' and the water evaporates. Add a bit more water if needed. Season with your favorite seasoning and stir in 2T single-source EVOO, some apple cider or rice wine vinegar. Makes one big serving. . .Lin

2 comments: