Swedish Pizza Salad

Have you heard of this?
Apparently in Sweden, this is served along with every pizza ordered in restaurants there. It makes total sense to me since it would balance out the starch and grease in the pizza quite nicely. I Googled it and there are a few variations. This is mine. . .I added carrot, and really struggled with NOT adding onion, since I love that in everything! (except maybe strawberry ice cream. . .or chocolate cake 😁)

Combine in a large glass bowl:
1/2 of a sm.-med. heavy head of white cabbage - finely sliced
1 lg. carrot - shredded

Dressing:
3T single source EVOO
3T white vinegar
2T fresh lemon juice
1T dry oregano
1T sugar
1-1/2t salt, garlic, pepper blend


I whisked these ingredients together but the oregano was stubborn, so I blended it on high for about 30 seconds. Pour it over the vegetables, mix gently then refrigerate at least an hour or overnight before serving.

I made a chicken, tomato, zucchini, mushroom, pesto alfredo sauce, cheese, pasta casserole just before this, that turned out great, according to the tiny little test bowl I tried. I'll serve both of these to some special people visiting me tomorrow. . .Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment