Broccoli-Cauliflower Chopped Salad

I've always love a great broccoli salad that others have made. For some reason, I've only attempted it a few times. I decided to make this one for our block party-potluck last night, for National Night Out. I loved it, and surprisingly, it was the only salad! Seems my neighbors are really into desserts and chips. Now, the day after making this, I realize I wasn't paying a lot of attention to exact amounts, so. . .trust your instincts 😉

SALAD:
1c+ slivered almonds - toasted
1 sm. Romaine lettuce
3c± broccoli + cauliflower florets
~ chopped or broken apart
1/2 med. purple onion
4 stalks celery
1c+ raisins - purple or golden

DRESSING:
1c olive oil mayonnaise
1/4c apple cider vinegar
2T raw organic local honey
1/2t black + cayenne pepper
1t Lawry's Garlic Salt

Toast the almonds. I started with a dry stainless steel pan but not much happened until I drizzled on a little toasted sesame oil! They browned up nicely and the oil added even more toasted flavor. Wash, spin and chop the Romaine into small pieces, slice the onion into short thin pieces. Finely chop the celery, stir in the raisins. 

Whisk the dressing together in a small bowl, taste it and make any additions you'd like then pour over the salad. Toss, mixing well. Chill an hour or longer before serving. This one is a keeper, and it travels well too. . .Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment