Healthy Fat and Protein Toast


I'm really picky about bread and try to keep it minimal in my diet. So when I do indulge, it has to be something really special. My all time favorite bread for sandwiches and toast is Aldi's Everything Bagel Sourdough Bread. Excellent!

Take a big piece of that, toast it and spread it with the following combination. This makes enough for two breakfasts.

1 lg. pasture raised egg - hard boiled
1 sm. avocado
a little spicy mustard
a big or little sprinkle of garlic salt
a big or little shake of a black and cayenne pepper blend
several tablespoons of EVOO or toasted sesame oil
finely chopped green onion


Mash everything together and spread on the toast pieces. Serve with sliced tomatoes, cucumbers or fruit.

After I made this I realized a couple sardines would also be great in this. I'll add those before breakfast tomorrow. Buy the good kind, in EVOO, not that soy stuff. If you don't eat all of them, combine them with your cat or dog's food and they'll love it! . . Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment