Avocado-Tuna-Egg Salad

This started out simple but sort of turned into an everything-but-the-kitchen-sink recipe! I promise. . .one day I will cook simple and also figure out how to cook smaller. However, considering the chicken soup I just made, that will be posted next - since it almost overflowed my 5 quart pot - I can't say just when that will happen. Also, not shown: I added another can of tuna, a can of drained, diced water chestnuts, some golden raisins and slivered almonds. . .

Put the UNdrained tuna in a big glass bowl. Chop the avocado, boiled eggs, 1/4 lg. purple onion and stir that together with with some sweet or dill pickle relish. I had cilantro microgreens that I also scissored into the mix. Combine all this with the add-ons not shown. Then add your 'binder'.



I used just enough mayo to hold it all together, with the addition of about 3T of the jalapeno ranch dressing to spice it up a bit.

I also cooked, rinsed and chilled, 1/2c of the dry tiny, grainy Italian pasta 'pearls' and added those. I think those should have been omitted. This was really good on a rice cake. . .Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment