Keeping Things Fresh




Cluttered Cooking Area? Well, kind of, but I think of this as my inspiration - staging area. When returning home from shopping, if I plan to use them in a recipe within 2-3 days, or need to think up a recipe for them, I cut a small slice off the bottom, wash and put them in water here. They actually stay fresher than refrigerating them without recutting.




For those of you here who live in countries where large refrigerators are not the norm, you probably do this already. It's a wonderful way to keep them garden-fresh until your recipe calls their name.



Today's vegetables in waiting are: Broccoli, Flat-Leaf Parsley, Big-Leaf Kale, Leek, more Broccoli and to brighten up the table, a little bunch of flowers I found yesterday on my walk with Penny and Oliver. Sometimes we need to “think outside the (ice)box” :o) . . . Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment