Simple, Rustic, French Country Chicken Vegetable Soup

Yesterday I thawed the chicken legs and wings from the roasted rooster I made last week.  I also had frozen 2c of gravy-stock.  I skimmed the fat from the gravy, added it to the pot of chicken, bones and a little water.  This was simmered 90 minutes, then refrigerated.

This morning I skimmed the fat off the top of what had become very gelatinous broth, then heated the broth with the legs and wings still in it.  When the soup stock had returned to a warm liquid I removed all the bones, saved the meat but threw everything else away.  Strain the broth then return the meat to this pot.  To this I added the following sliced-chopped vegetables:



3 medium carrots, 3 stalks celery, 1 white onion,
5 baby Yukon Gold potatoes, 1 small sweet-hot red pepper

Simmer this about half an hour, check and correct seasonings if necessary.
Serve with crusty bread. . .Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment