Tuscan Beef With Tomato, Carrots and Potatoes - - - - - - - (Italian Beef Stew)


1⅓# black angus beef
1c Peggy's Salad Dressing *
3T rinsed caper berries
2T minced garlic (fresh or jarred)
2T Montosco Gusto Si
~ "Mix Per Carne —
~ Tuscan Seasoning For Meat"

28oz. diced tomatoes & juice
1 lg. onion - rough chopped
3 med. carrots - rough chopped
2c baby red potatoes - halve the big ones
1 sm. head green cabbage - cut in chunks

Marinate the meat for several hours with the first group of ingredients, stirring occasionally.  This can be left at room temperature during this time and actually will absorb the flavors better that way than if it's chilling.  At the end, strain off the marinade into a little bowl.  Save for later.  Sauté the meat, in the remaining juices, until nicely browned, then simmer it for about a half hour, covered.  Add all the remaining ingredients, including the marinade.  Cover and simmer an hour or longer.

There's just something about really good quality meat!  This beef was 3# of boneless beef ribs.  I divided it into 2 packs of meat that I fat-trimmed and cut into 1" cubes.  Then I packaged and froze it.  After about an hour I though, geez, I'd really love to make some of that into a nice chunky stew!  I can go days and days and weeks even, without eating a lot of meat, and then all of a sudden I'm Super Carnivore!!  Give me MEAT!!  Good Quality - Humanely-Raised, Healthy Meat!!  😃  So this will be my Meat Fix for the next week or more.

Chicken is another.  I had some really great Italian Chicken in a Red Sauce with Brown Rice when I was in the Chicago area last week, visiting my sister-in-law.  My nephew cooked up a favorite recipe of theirs.  It was simple, but full of great flavor.  Now that has me craving a variation of my old Chicken Cacciatore recipe once again!  That'll probably be coming up soon here 😉 Chicken, red olives, onion, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes - maybe over Linguine or Fettuccine.  Oh yeah, if that sounds good, be watching for it! . . . Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment