Lit'l Smokies, Corn, Beans and Crunchy Vegetables

I'm recovering from a big abdominal surgery and using up the ingredients I have here,  before attempting grocery shopping - which I'm very excited to do again! All Foodies love to grocery shop! 


Today I have a couple pots of soup in the 'fridge, but when I saw a pack of Hillshire Farms Little Smokies in the lunchmeat-cheese drawer in my 'fridge, I immediately knew I needed to have them for lunch.

Chop the vegetables. Sauté the celery in a 2-1/2 quart pot, in 2-3T good quality, single source EVOO. Cook and stir this a few minutes before adding the bell pepper, onion and Yukon Gold potatoes. Stir everything to coat with the oil, reduce the heat, cover and let simmer 5 minutes. 


Increase the heat and add the chopped Lit'l Smokies and some water or chicken broth if needed. Stir-fry everything a while, make sure nothing is sticking to the pan, reduce heat, cover and let simmer 5 minutes.

Drain and rinse the corn and beans. Add them to the pot, stir then let simmer another 5 minutes to heat everything through. Serve as is or with a crispy green salad and/or corn muffins. This was quick and SO good. Makes about 4-6 servings. . .Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment