Tuna-Egg Salad - A Healthy Refresh

I'm always so happy when I think of an even healthier way to create foods that I love! I was craving this today so I started assembling ingredients. I realized I bought the wrong mayonnaise. Instead of one made with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, I had bought regular mayo. . .Hmmm. As I added the tuna packed in EVOO, an idea struck. What would this taste like with no mayonnaise -and- more olive oil in its place? 🤔 . . . Well, let's find out!

4 large Pasture Raised 'medium-hard' boiled eggs
1 big stalk of celery
6 green onions
4-5 small dill pickles
1/3 orange bell pepper
1 can EVOO packed tuna
single source EVOO
salt & pepper
Chop everything, break up the tuna, adding it -plus the oil- to a medium glass bowl. Mix together well, using enough olive oil to hold everything together, plus little more. Season, mix well once more, then serve. . .Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment