FRESH YOU ASK. . ?
Lately I've been eating lots of vegetables and chicken, so beef sounded really good this morning.
When the meat was thawed, I cut it into bite size pieces. This was browned in a few tablespoons of good quality EVOO with a little bit of the chopped onion added. When it was nicely browned, I added about 1/2c of Marsala cooking wine and simmered it, covered for about 15 minutes.
Next, I added all the vegetables. Carrots, chopped onion, chopped potatoes and the mini peppers and about 1c of bone broth. This simmered another 15 minutes then the sauce was stirred in.
The sauce was just a 'throw together' of several things, about 1c marinara, 2/3c pesto, 2/3c sour cream and about 1/3c jarred garlic in EVOO.
The sauce was just a 'throw together' of several things, about 1c marinara, 2/3c pesto, 2/3c sour cream and about 1/3c jarred garlic in EVOO.
I think the finished stew certainly supports the statement, 'The secret's in the sauce!'
This turned out great!. .Lin
No comments:
Post a Comment